NOT AS THE
An article that I don't really agree with as a whole, but its a good step nevertheless. I would say that its very good food for thought... but ...
(definitive) 13 basic Principles of Gameplay Design...
Anyway, who am I to judge?
Will write more about this by the next few days (or tomorrow hopefully.)
Anyway, as a summary, the 13 principles from the article are as follows:
Read the Article at Gamasutra below:
The 13 Basic Principles of Gameplay Design | GAMASUTRA ARTICLE
- Focal Point (Direction)
- Anticipation (Direction)
- Announce Change (Direction)
- Believable Events and Behavior (Behavior)
- Overlapping Events and Behavior (Behavior)
- Physics (Behavior)
- Sound (Behavior)
- Pacing (Progression)
- Spacing (Environment)
- Linear Design versus Component Breakdown (Method)
- Player (Foundation)
- Communication (Foundation)
- Appeal (Foundation)